- The management feedback model gone toxic
- In their typical world-weary way, @firstthingsmag discuss M. Pence & women at 33 minutes. I largely agree with them.
- Michael Jensen says 1) Xns still have lots of social power 2) We should be following The Benedict Option regardless
- Hebrews 9:16-17 is referring to confirming covenants with God by sacrifice, not enacting wills by death of testator
- Calvin: The forms of our church life exist to give decency and order. They are ‘arbitrary’ in the sense of not fixed. But these forms of church must never be infused with religious obligation or compared to the worship of God. forms for church are ’merely’ for common help. Still, it’s right to submit to them if they accord with Bible. Institutes 4.10.27-32
- Some good advice on encouraging people to be more engaged with weekly church attendance.But the slippery slope argument ‘If ppl attend church less than weekly now what’ll happen in 10rs’? Isn’t strong. I suspect there’s more to this: social change, inaccurate nostalgia, more holistic church life, less rigidity.
- A reply to the Gospel Coalition article about church attendance. Thanks Stephen McAlpine.
via Blog - Christian Reflections http://ift.tt/2ps5isF (NB: to comment go to http://ift.tt/1FyvdLS)