Modern definitions of the love of God

I'm speaking at Xpose Preaching Conference in Melbourne next week. One of my lectures will be about the the crucifixion of Christ and the suffering of God. I'm pretty 'classical' when it comes to thinking about the impassibility of God and the two natures of Christ. Will be interesting to see how my material is received.

Anyway, I've come across this interesting quote and I thought I'd share:

The themes of relatedness, mutuality and inclusivenes have appeared, quite independently, in process, trinitarian, liberation and feminist theology. Twentieth-century theologians exegete the love of God in terms that are familiar to modern culture: sympathy, compassion, mutuality, solidarity, inclusiveness.
- Kevin J. My-Surname-Is-Awesome Vanhoozer, God, Scripture and Hermeneutics: First Theology